Pages


Thursday, June 21, 2012

New things

I think it is safe to say that since everything that happened with Graham, our little family has started to turn over a new leaf.  And try new things.

Now, this can range from really big, meaningful things to some not-so big things - like experimenting in the kitchen.  Matt and I started at the beginning of April with healthier eating and menu planning.  One of our friends posted on her facebook last week about a Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps recipe.  And if you know me, vegetarian wouldn't ever be associated with my name.  AND it contains tofu! 

However, Matt decided we needed to try them out and took on the task the other night.

Um, I can't believe we are actually doing this.

Maybe I shouldn't watch the process, because that right there just doesn't look appetizing.  I am all about consistency - and that looks way too mushy for me.

But this looks pretty yummy!

Getting better...

Hmm...that sure doesn't look like tofu. 
Also, you'll see that we baked some sweet potato slices (pictured in the top left corner).  I am unrecognizable at this moment.

And our friend, JC, came over for dinner since he was by himself that week while his wifey went to youth camp.  Like a good guest, he didn't come empty-handed.  Add to the scene some carrots, jicama, and hummus. 

OK, boys, you try it first and if you don't die then I will start eating.

And not to leave out our non-participating three year old, here he is "trying out" his hot dog. 

Thankfully, all three boys survived their first bite so I felt safe eating my lettuce wraps.  You'll notice that there are not any more pictures because I was too busy eating from there on out.  They were YUMMY!  I was definitely pleasantly surprised, and I do believe that these lettuce wraps will now be added to the Dugan family dinner rotation.




1 comment:

Joyful Mama said...

So glad you liked them! We loved them too. Who would have thought we'd be liking tofu, yet here we are! haha I think we will problem put them on our meal rotation as well.