Pages


Friday, July 13, 2012

Catching Up

So, you'll notice that I've been a little quiet on the blog lately.  There's not really a specific reason.  Just seems like life is very hum-drum and normal right now.  Nothing too exciting - but I am OK with that. 

I'd also like to give a shout-out to the Summer of 2012 for being significantly better than last summer.  One of the main reasons being the heat, or lack thereof.  It has been marvelous!  (I'll go into more detail about summertime in the next post.)

But in attempt to catch you up on what we've been "Dugan" lately, here's a bit of an iPhone dump.

If you follow me on Instagram then you've already seen this picture of Crazy Hair Day at Parker's school.  But it's too cute not to share again.  Plus I'd like to point out his Tootie shirt from Yo Gabba Gabba.  We got it when we went to a Yo Gabba Gabba Live show back in December and he still asks to wear it at least once a week.  I swear we have more clothes for this boy.

Summer = Swimming.  And if you can't swim, then it's time for swimming lessons!  Parker may or may not have been more interested in me taking pictures of him "swimming" to show to Daddy than kicking his legs - but, baby steps.








This kid needs to stop looking so grown up.  The addition of his "laptop" just adds to it.

Y'all - did you read my last blog post about tofu?  Well, we had some more in the fridge and decided to continue experimenting.  We should have stopped with the lettuce wraps.  Because this tofu "steak" was....um....yeah, no.

Matt headed off to Georgia for youth camp during the week of July 4th.  Parker and I had a great time together, especially on our date to Panera Bread.  Yum!


We were off of work on July 4th.  My mom drove up to hang out with Parker and I and we decided to try out a nearby waterpark.  It is Pirate's Cove in Burleson and Parker loved it!  We are definitely gonna go again.

Last Saturday I was able to go to a baby shower for one of my oldest friends, Leslie.  We grew up together in church, went to high school together, and then were able to be roommates in college for 3 years.  Our friend Mandy, from college, also came to the shower.  It was so good to see these girls.  Even though it's been quite awhile since I've seen either of them, it felt just like old times.

After the baby shower I headed to the wedding of Sammy & Kourtney.  Sammy is my friend Linda's younger brother.  They asked me to coordinate the ceremony (you know - be the bossy one) and I was more than willing to help out and spend more time with the Herreras.  Claudia was a flower girl and Parker was happy to watch his first wedding. 

And this wasn't an iPhone picture, but I had to add it.  I mean, how sweet is this picture?

With a 2:00 wedding, Parker had to sacrifice his nap.  He did pretty good at the wedding, but the 15 minute drive home wore him out.

After we went and picked Matt up from camp, we went to the Herrera's hotel and had a swim/pizza party.

 Speaking of the Herrera's, this was probably our last time seeing them for, well, years.  They head out in one week for IMB missionary training in Richmond, Virginia.  After 8 weeks there they are then "ready" to go to Spain as missionaries.  Selfishly, I am sad because I will miss this family greatly, but I am also so proud of them.  We are praying big things for their time in Spain.  If you want to pray for them and follow their journey, then you can visit their blog here.



Tonight we headed up to Chick-Fil-A for "Cow Appreciation Day."  Yes, we looked ridiculous, but we also got a free dinner.  And some pretty cute pics, too.



No comments: