Pages


Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Surprise!

As you should all know by now - all 7 avid readers of my blog - that I turned 30 in May.  I thought after my fun office decorations, along with a surprise dinner party at our house, that the celebrations were over.  Oh, and a cruise planned to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday.

But I was wrong.

My mom, sister-in-law, aunt, and cousins were coming in town the first week of June for a girl's weekend in downtown Fort Worth.  We had done this a couple of years ago for my cousin's 40th birthday in Dallas.  So, obviously, I didn't think anything about celebrating my 30th with them.

This was the view from our hotel room right off of Sundance Square.

We had a great time on Friday night eating yummy Mexican food and walking around downtown. We ended up at Pete's Dueling Pianos and had a great time singing along to all sorts of songs.

Saturday morning we got up and we all got pedicures.  I needed my toes down for the upcoming cruise, because I definitely wanted the obligatory "toes in the sand" picture.  We also had a nice lunch and shopped around for awhile.  At lunchtime my mom told me that they had a surprise dinner planned so we all had to be ready to leave at 6:00 pm.

Little did I know it involved a blindfold.  And a 20 minute car ride that started making me nauseous towards the end.

But we finally arrived at our destination (our church, Wedgwood Baptist) and after a lot of maneuvering up curbs, stairs, and hallways, was surprised by 50+ of my sweet friends. There was yummy food - fajitas, rice, beans, salsa, and a chocolate fountain. There was a scrapbook area where Matt had some of my out-of-town friends send in notes and pictures of us, and then the friends who were at the party were able to write notes to me, too. There was also a photo-booth area where we were able to use props to take fun photos.























It was a great night and so unexpected.  I am so blessed by my friends and especially my sweet hubby.  With all of them by my side, I don't think my 31st year will be too bad.




3 comments:

Shabby Friends said...

I had some pics of you doing the Hokey Pokey at Pete's but deleted it because I wouldn't want to be tempted to black mail you in the future. Besides, Parker would be sooooo embarrassed.

Lexie Buyajian said...

Oh that is too cute! Happy Birthday Erin! Heres to making all of your days this year as fun as those pics!
Lexie

Mark and Cari said...

Erin that looks like you had a great time! I'm so excited that you got to do something fun with the people you love the most!