Pages


Monday, June 11, 2012

Cruising

Well, we have returned from our awesome cruise, but I am still trying to get used to being back.  And I mean physically, too.  I guess I developed my "sea-legs" a little too well and am having a hard time adjusting to land again.  So crazy, but I have been dizzy since we got off the boat on Saturday morning.  Hopefully this will go away soon.  Anyways, here's a very thorough look at our past week.

 At the safety meeting before we set sail.  Definitely the low-light of the week.

 Goodbye Galveston.

 Tuesday morning's sunrise.  I had big plans to sleep as late as I wanted, but my body is just too used to early mornings, I guess.  Bright side?  This awesome view and no one else that I had to share it with.

 Yum.

 Tuesday evening's sunset.  Feeling pretty special that I got to see both that day. 

 Favorite towel animal of the cruise.  Can I just say that a turn-down service is stinking awesome?  Coming into your room at evening with your bed clean and inviting you in is something I am considering implementing into our life here.  Except I think we have to make the bed in the morning to then "turn-it-down" in the evenings.  Bummer.


 The more we read and heard about Progreso, Mexico, the more we thought we should probably book an excursion.  We decided on the Mangrove Kayak tour and it did not disappoint.





 This picture right here shows the point where we almost lost our camera in the water and ruined the trip.  Note to self: buy a strap for the camera!


 Matt was quite adventurous in the eating department of the cruise.  Pictured here is cured salmon.



 The boys showing how much they enjoyed the flights and flights of stairs we had to take to get places.  There were elevators on the ship, but they were always busy and usually required too long of a wait.  Plus, we needed some way to combat all of the food we were eating!

 In Cozumel we decided to venture out on our own and rent a jeep!

 2 minutes into our trip and Victor opens up the glove compartment only for it to fall off into his lap.  Um, maybe we should have gotten the insurance?

 With only a cartoon map to guide us (with umbrellas representing the beaches), we found Paradise Beach.  It cost each of us $2 to get in and this is the pool.  I think we made a wise investment.




 The water looked more like Galveston and wasn't the blue water we were dreaming of, but the water toys somewhat made up for it.  If you look closely, you can see Matt at the top of the slide.

 And Victor at the top of the iceberg.  Linda and I spent the majority of the time on the blue mat in the bottom right corner of the picture laughing at the boys.

 After about an hour at Paradise Beach we drove through downtown Cozumel in search of the road that took us to the other side of the island.

 The back of the jeep was super windy, and this was taken on the long road that we thought would get us to the other side, but, again, we only had a cartoon map.  Not too sure.

 But, then, we saw it!








 I kept trying to write in the sand but the water wouldn't let me.

 Finally, success!





 After we played in the water for awhile, we found this awesome restaurant up on a bluff that overlooked the ocean.


 Favorite part of the trip right here.



 Progreso and Cozumel have lots of Mayan ruins, and a lot of people choose to take excursions to go see them when they are off the boat.  We will just call these our mayan ruins that were at the boat dock.
 Our ship, the Carnival Triumph.


 Again, Matt being adventurous with frog legs.


 And antipasto.

 Shuffleboard fun.

 The main pool deck that we pretty much stayed away from.

 A great vacation with great friends!


No comments: