Pages


Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Remembering

Pinterest and I have become good friends lately.  I love looking on there for craft inspirations, new recipes, and kid's activities.  There are also several quotes that I enjoy reading. 

I saw this thought and pinned it immediately:

I have always had a desire to journal, but have never had the follow-through.  I get so caught up in writing down every single detail and after about a week of doing that, I get overwhelmed with the thought of doing any more.  And I when I say every single detail, I mean - what I ate, who was there, who wasn't there, what color my shirt was, etc.  I am an oversharer (word?) - even in my journals.

I saw this idea on Pinterest and my interest was definitely piqued:

I love this idea because it definitely limits how much you can write, but it does encourage you to write something about every day.  And I also like the idea that every day (after the first year is recorded), that you can look back on what you were doing the years prior. 

Even though Pinterest has inspired me to get my "craft-on" lately, I didn't really have the desire to put this daily calendar together.

So, enter this:

I saw this little book of awesomeness in Barnes & Noble the other day and realized how perfect it was for me. 

Each day I can record 6 lines worth of information about what that day held for me.  I started writing in it yesterday, but decided to start journaling in it on the 15th, our anniversary.  The funny thing is that as I started writing down small notes about each day there are several things I couldn't remember.  And that was only 4 days prior!  Yeesh!

I've always prided myself with having a good memory, but as time has gone by, and - yes - as I have gotten older, I find myself forgetting more and more.  I've also heard - and experienced - that grief takes a toll on your memory.  There are so many things that I definitely should remember that slip my mind all the time.  I think my mind is so preoccupied with thoughts of Graham that there is no room for anything else.

So, here's to blogging more, journaling more, and, in turn, remembering more!

No comments: