Pages


Thursday, April 16, 2009

Well...

Well...looks like I really stink at this whole blog thing. I kept on putting off updating my blog because there was TOO much to say. Does that even make sense? Oh well. I'm going to ignore the urge to write a novel about these past two months, and just try to be better about updating as things happen. We shall see.

It is funny to read my last post over two months ago. I was anticipating the birth of this little boy, but I had no idea who he was. And now he is laying here on the couch with me and I can't believe that he was the one in my belly for over 9 months. I knew that motherhood would be new and exciting and scary and all that fun stuff. But, then again, did I really understand how absolutely life-changing the birth of Parker Allen Dugan would be? No.

The first two weeks of Parker's life I was beyond overwhelmed. And, honestly, there were times when I thought, "What in the world have I gotten myself into?" But now I can't remember life without him and am thankful for that. He is the happiest, sweetest, most laid-back baby. I am so excited to see what each new day brings with this little boy.

And, now, a super precious picture of Parker on Easter Sunday.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Am I crazy, or does he look a lot like Laurel!!?? He's adorable, Erin, and I am so happy for you & Matt! :)