Pages


Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Aware

October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month.  I really used to love October, and I think I still do, but it is just a bit heavier than it used to be.  Maybe you'll understand a bit more in some of my upcoming blogs.

Anyways, I wanted to post a couple of things about Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month right now, at the beginning of the month.

The first thing I would encourage you to do, dear reader, is to pray for those people you know who have lost babies - at any stage of development.  Sometimes it seems like we are grieving alone, especially for the mothers who had early miscarriages.  Someone pointed this out to me not too long ago, and it really resonated.  As Christians, we fight so hard against abortions.  We are Pro-Life - no matter how small the baby or early in the pregnancy it is.  Yet, when someone has a miscarriage, there seems to be a bit of an unwillingness to talk about it.  It's almost "taboo" to bring up.  If we fight so hard for a small baby to be saved, we should also grieve so much when someone loses a baby they wanted so badly.

This month, especially, I am praying for my friends who have lost babies:

Sarah, Sara, Kimberly, Candy, Christine, Leslie, Charlotte, Rebekah, Jenny, Sharon, Holly, Ginny, Amanda, Cynda, Valerie, Kimmy and Erin.

I know there are many more who I am probably forgetting, and some I don't know about.  If you have lost a baby, please leave a comment so I can pray for you, too.

Also, Mrs. Patterson, Southwestern Seminary's President's Wife, wrote a great article that was posted today about miscarriage.  I hope you'll read it here. 

If you've lost a baby, please know that you are not alone. 

If you haven't, but you know someone who has, please pray for them by name this month.  And if you do pray for them, please tell them you did.  There is no gift greater to a grieving mom than to know that someone remembered their baby.




4 comments:

Amanda Trisler said...

Thank you, Erin! This post made me tear up. You are so right about fighting against abortion but not spending time to grieve for one that was "spontaneously aborted" by our own body. Yes, it may have been our body taking care it but the loss hurts more than anything.

I appreciate you post. And I love you, my friend. Praying for your family as well!

dear willow, said...

Gosh, I woke up crying this morning but I missed my babies so bad. The hurt is so deep. And then the fear that they'll be forgotten. Thank u for writing this. Praying for your heart. Xo

Phyllis said...

Erin, I'm praying for you and Matt and Parker plus all the other names in your post. Praying for peace and healing.

With Much Love,

Aunt Phyllis

Mark and Cari said...

Erin, I too lost a baby last year. It will be on a year on the 10th. Thank you for this post! I'm still praying for you and Matt.