Pages


Monday, March 28, 2011

Back in the Saddle?

There's a part of me that wants to write everything we've done in the past 14 months since I last blogged.  But there's also a part of me that says....Nah.

Maybe we can compromise?

Highlights: Erin got a job at a local church, Parker started at a great daycare, Parker started walking, Matt became the Associate Pastor at Central Baptist Church, Erin got a new job at the seminary which means free school for Matt(!!!), We took 10 kids to youth camp at Camp Copass, Matt quit his plumbing job at the seminary and became a FWISD bus driver, Erin got a promotion at the seminary which means health insurance now, too (!!!!!!!), We made great friends through Erin's work (shout out to the dinner club!), We spent Thanksgiving in Houston with the Parker family, We were one of the crazies who got up for Black Friday (like 4:00 am crazy), We had a great time in Austin for Christmas and had a blast watching Parker "actively participate" in opening presents, We spent New Years in Temple with the Williams (for the 4th year in a row!), Parker began talking up a storm, Matt's grandmother passed away in Florida and Matt officiated the funeral, SNOW (like "shut-the-whole-world-down-for-4-days" kind of snow), Matt turned 29 (whoa...), Parker turned 2 (whoa again) and tons of more fun (and maybe not-so-fun) things thrown in between it all.

All that to say (and that is a WHOLE lot to say, for sure), we are firmly planted here in Fort Worth.  We have come to accept and love our new home.  Matt is really enjoying school here at SWBTS and we cannot believe that we are almost halfway done!  The Lord has been so good to us during this time.  We have not wanted for anything, and all of our needs have been provided for. 

I did our 2010 taxes the other day and we had 8 W-2's between the 2 of us.  Yeesh!  After putting in all that information, though, we still made less money last year than any other year of our married life (including our first, which I was in college for the first 5 months of that year).  Some people would look at that and think what a shame; they have gone backwards!  But all I can think is: Our God is an awesome God!  Look what He has done!  He has provided for our every need and we give Him all the glory!

I'm gonna let this "catch-up" post sit for a little bit, but I've already got some blogs coming up soon...so come back now, ya hear?!?!

6 comments:

Mlybth said...

Hey! I love reading your blog ;) it mAkes me feel like I'm talking to you on the phone! Lol-- it's an awesome feeling to know you're in the right place & in the will of God. I commend you & Matt for being sensitive to Gods calling & being wiling to have faith to follow Him even through hard times. So often I think of y'all & your situation & your a testament that God will bring us through our situation with school & our financial situation bc off all that! I love you girly!

Blake said...

Not to nitpick, but W-4s are the form you use when you don't have an SSN and need to apply for a taxpayer identification number. I seriously doubt you had eight.

Okay, I did mean to nitpick.

Blake said...

I take it back. I was wrong. Got up way too early today.

HHBC MOPS said...

I see you lurk around my blog from time to time. Don't be afraid to leave some comment love! I love you and rejoice with you! God is up to good things, showing himself faithful time and time again. HUGS!

mrsdlanemoore said...

haha! I was signed into our MOPS account for my last comment!

Dee said...

I am so happy I get to "keep in touch" with you on this blog. I am enjoying getting to hear about your lives. I am so thankful God has you where He wants you!!! I miss you!!